Friday 9 January 2015

Introduction to the Project


For this unit we will be looking at how to produce plans, storyboards and mood boards showing makeup and hair concepts for a particular production, showing consideration for the type of media production, whether that be digital fashion editorial, TV, film or music. This unit will cover interpreting a design brief and conceptualizing ideas using the above methods, we shall also be forming practical requirements for makeup and hair in a lens based environment, in which we will also learn how an image focuses on makeup and hair   and how it is researched, developed and shot to suit the productions period or style and for the intended audience.
We will also learn and record a continuity of the performers appearance. Throughout the next twelve weeks we will have informal timed assessments which will gauge technical competence and appropriate studio practise. 

I am genuinely looking forward to this project as we will be learning how to design and style ideas that can be developed and adapted for specific requirements of what area of the industry that I so desire to go into, I will also learn about continuity within different aspects which I am quite looking forward to as I think this will be a key to being the best that you can be within makeup and hair.
The fact the unit title is called gothic horror, when I first heard about this unit I was quite excited as things like this interest me quite a lot, and learning how to create characters out of briefs and making improvements on my work through informal times assessments, which I will then get critical feedback from peers from my class, which will help me both with my idea and how I can improve my technical skills as well.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment