Wednesday 25 February 2015

Design Process for Miss Havisham Hair


My first idea was to have Miss Havisham, look quite old and tired, so therefore did not look after her appearance much either. I was going to section the hair one just behind the ear which would then be curled in tight ringlets which would then be pulled out slightly making it messy and untidy to make it look like the hair had hardly been touched, as Miss Havisham liked everything to be in place since she was jilted at the altar. For the back section I was going to put it in a bun at the top of the head, which would have been plaited and twisted into a bun, where I would pin it in place then pull out some strands to make it messy. I thought this hairstyle would go well with my first face design as I made her face old looking so her hair would have been styled as if she was still in the earlier Victorian hairstyle. However I did not choose this hairstyle as when I practised it, I thought it looked too messy and you could not really see the curls, although I'm still going to use most of the aspects of this design in my final one, but just not as messy.


 For my second face design I thought I wanted to create a younger Miss Havisham where she was just starting to get wrinkles and all the other problems, I had to think of a different hairstyle. I chose to go with the my original idea as I thought it was quite a traditional Victorian look, I would still be keeping the 4 or so tight ringlets to either side of the face making sure that they did not hang any looser than below the cheeks as in early Victorian this is where they sat on the face. Unfortunately I did not want to use this idea either, as I found it a bit boring and I definitely prefer doing the old age makeup making the skin look a lot older.

No comments:

Post a Comment