Tuesday 10 February 2015

Spilt Character

In class today, we were asked to come up with a makeup look for either Miss Havisham or Estella. Within that makeup look we were told to make one side of the face completely different to the other.
I chose to do Estella just because we have been learning about Miss Havisham and I wanted to do something else. With the makeup for Estella I chose to do one side of her face when she was younger and was happier with her life before getting sent away to finish off her schooling and ending up in a horrific marriage. This consisted of making her face look younger which I did by applying a normal base that matched my model, although I did make it a bit paler as Victorian women hardly wore any makeup. I added a little blush to the cheeks and a light red/orange colour to lips, and filled in her eyebrows.

For the second half of the face I decided to go with Estella when she is married to Drummle, who abuses her. For this makeup I decided to make her pale and have a few wrinkles and generally just look run down as she is in this abusive marriage. Although in this photo you can't really see the wrinkles, I had this idea to add in the wrinkles because she is in this abusive relationship that it's having a toll on her life and it's starting to physically show. I also added in a bruise to chose that her husband is hitting her. I added some brown to the eyelid as well to make it look like she isn't happy and that it is having an effect on her appearance now as well as emotionally.


        




No comments:

Post a Comment