Monday 23 March 2015

Chosen TV Series: The Vampire Diaries


http://imageserver.moviepilot.com/-864fa581-59db-46b0-bce0-07c2ded8cbc7.jpeg?width=1920&height=1080

Mystic Falls a small town in Virginia becomes the target place for vampires with the return of the Salvatore brothers. Stefan, the youngest who is the controlled brother who's focused on his humanity, enrolls at high school attempting a normal life. Where as Damon who is the beautiful but yet dangerous brother who constantly makes Stefan's life a misery, whilst trying to steal his girlfriend Elena along the way. With the confusing emotions, hidden talents and deceiving acts, comes a deep history from 1864 that Damon is determined to overcome by rescuing the Salvatore brothers' old love with the help from Elena and her witch friend Bonnie.


 I chose to do this TV series as I am update with the current series and I thoroughly enjoy watching them. The main thing that I really enjoy about this series is that it is all about vampires and other supernatural things and about their world. I also feel like I will enjoy this part of the unit as I will have more fun creating looks for my Claudia and Quentin.

The target audience for this TV series is about 18 to 50 years of age. However I think it is targeted more at the younger end of that age range, as in the first series it is about a love triangle and I think younger girls are more likely to relate to it as it could be happening in their lives, although the supernatural bit obviously isn't part of it. They also have quite a few dominant female roles within this show, which can their audience want to be like these actors. 
Although I have just said that it is mainly the 18 year olds watching this, I also think it depends what type of  things you are in to, as some people love the supernatural however get scared easily, and The Vampire Diaries is an easy watching show that doesn't leave the viewers scarred more anticipating the next episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment