Wednesday 18 March 2015

Design Process for Estella's Make up

 My first design for Estella's make up was to have very natural make up, with a natural lip stick on which was close to my model natural lip colour, however on my face chart the colour that I was going to use on my model has come out darker making it look like, it is too dark and not natural. I was also going to add a small cut to the cheek that had starting to heal so it would have scabbed over a little bit, to make this effect I had the product scab filler from Charles Fox. Before applying this I will add a little red paint to give it some colour. Once that has been applied, I am then going to put some cinewax on top and mould it in a cut shape. Once I am happy with the shape, I will then add in some red and burgundy coloured greasepaint to the wound and a little dab of black to give the cut some depth to it. For this look I was also going to add a small bruise to the corner of her eye, using the same two colours I used for the cut, starting with the red colour lightly putting it in the inner corner of the eye and using whatever product is left spread outwards, once I'm happy with that I will then go back into the inner corner with the darker red to make it look more bruised. Although I am please with this design and I am confident that I would be able to recreate this look, however I don't feel like it really portrays Estella that well.

My second idea, I am still going to go with the natural looking Victorian makeup, however I am not going to include any lipstick, but add in a split lip, again using Charles Fox's products of cinewax and greasepaint. Starting by applying the wax to the lips and moulding to the shape I want, I will then continue on to add in some greasepaint which will add colour to the wound, as well as a little black which will give it some depth, once that is done, I will then add in scab filler as well to make it look more realistic, I would have added in blood but as this is more of a runnier liquid, it would have dripped down, which would have meant that the abrasion would have recently happened, and I didn't want my idea to look like that. For the rest of the face I will apply a natural skin colour, which I will powder to make the skin look a little lighter. And add a little natural eyeshadow to the eye a some definition.

No comments:

Post a Comment